As the time draws by this time of year ,I tend to go back,I do try to go forward most of the time,but this is different.

Most of you that are coming to this site are looking for some answers.

I do not profess to have them.

I have tried to relay some of the emotional changes as well as physical differences that you might encounter when diagnosed with "Lung Cancer".
Please read my previous posts.

I feel like I am writing backwards in time,because of the archiving system.

Before I start to scare you,let me tell you this.

I would do it over again tomorrow,without any hesitation,if it would extend my chances for a longer life.

Following is the morning scenario of a lung operation for Cancer.

It is four oclock in the morning and 35 degrees below zero outside.I am awake.I really do not think I slept.
I manage to dress myself.
It feels strange not putting on any make up.We leave the house at five,in the dark down the highway.
I am so thankful that my husband is driving.I am sure I would not have been able to focus.
I am early for check in for the operation.The nurses are not even there yet.
I wait an hour to be taken upstairs.That hour seemed like a week.
They tell me upstairs that they will do the prep right in the operating room.I am given something to help me relax.
I remember the operating room as I went in and then I saw it when I went out.
You do not feel any pain.
Modern medicine and surgeries are wonderful these days.
I spent more time fearing that I would die on the table.
I was taken to my room.
I had an epidural for pain control,a catheter,iv's and a tube inserted in my chest.
The chest tube,as I understood,was to drain any clots that would cause future problems.
The tube remained in me for 2 days.It was removed with no pain.
I felt fine afterwards.I had some discomfort.
I had twenty-0ne stitches across my back,where they had cut me to get at the lung.
It was a bit uncomfortable,but that was the least of my concerns at that time.
I was ALIVE!
I was tied to a lot of machinary,but I felt like I could have gone right home.
I had not encountered any problems.
I would see the doctor in two months after they received the pathology report.
The two inch tumor was cancerous,but they had managed to get it out before it had spread into the other tissues.
Now I am here,today.
I have spent a lot of time educating myself on preventions,cures and clinical trials,on the internet.
Each person that has encountered the "spot on the lung" situation, will be dealing with it in many different ways.
Before I keep repeating myself though,Please check out my other posts.I am sure you will find something of interest.

Til Next Time




Popular posts from this blog

Miracles Do Happen,Again

The Death Sentence

Am I Living or Dying?