TOUCHING BASE,AGAIN!

Welcome to my corner of the world!Thank You all again for your kind words and blessings.
This is a sort of copy from a few months ago.
I have been getting away from the main point of why I am here writing this.Here,again,is a long story,short.I know a lot of you visitors have been following the events since my diagnosis "lung cancer".
I would like to kind of start again for those of you who are looking for something more with regard to this deadly disease.
I wanted this blog to be informational,I did not want it to be whining.
I will not be able to tell you the physical aspects,as I am not a doctor.I do hope I can help with some of the mental anxieties that you will encounter .It has been an ongoing situation for me since 2002.
I have also had many years in the field of counselling and consultations with people in crisis in their lives.
I unfortunately,Do Not follow my own advice at times.,Though I am sure I am not the only one.
My lung operation was required as I had a tumor on the right lobe.Following is the Pathology report

DIAGNOSIS:
BRONCHIOLOALVEOLAR CARCINOMA
TUMOUR MEASURES 2.2x2.0CM
TUMOUR IS LIMITED TO PULMONARY PARENCHYMA AND DOES NOT INVADE SURFACE PLEURA.
SUBPLEURAL EMPHYSEMATOUS BULLAE ARE PRESENT.

That is a pretty scary report.
The familiar laymen term might be;I have a non small cell stage 1 lung cancer.For the MOMENT!
The tumour was removed and I now go every four months to the surgeon .I have a chest xray,he looks at it,and so far,Thank God,he has been able to say,"See you in four months".
That time is a GOOD time.
The following four months can be a bad time.
I know I have cancer.I am really confused though.If he got the cancerous tumor,why am I still considered cancerous?
My doctor has NEVER said that I should go on with my life,or I hope I do not have to see you for a very long time.NO, I am left to wonder what is next.
The worst part so far,and I guess I am fortunate,but the wondering and the waiting and the anxiety that goes with it,makes this a hard disease to deal with.
I read all the time about others who are diagnosed with cancer.They see councillors and have oncologists at cancer facilities to talk to.
It was never suggested to me to seek some kind of guidance.
I always knew it was there,but my point is,If you are reading this blog,then you are probably looking for answers.
My advice is to have someone to talk to.It is not easy for some to share this with family.
I have come on here to share this with strangers.I find that being over protective of my families feelings,I have not wanted to or chose to share my pain with them.
There are many informational sites on line and a lot of Cancer Clinics.
I will try in the future to seek out more information to put on here for your interest.
Just wanted to touch base with you again as to what this blog is all about.
Keep checking back. Til then.......

DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Believe

Comments

Wonderful to see a post from you again! I wonder about you so often.
I've linked this post to my Five For Friday - Favorite Posts
kwrenbscopdnewsoftheday.blogspot.com
God Bless You, you help me to not stop believing!
Karen

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER GIVE UP "HOPE"

THE CHOICE TO DIE

Counting My Blessings for the 6th,7th,8th and 9th times Again!