LUNG CANCER,LIVER DISEASE and EMPHYSEMA

Yes!The title is for real.If you are new here and have not read my previous posts I will update you.

In May2002,I was diagnosed with" cirrhosis of the liver".I was a heavy drinker at the time, and with the fact that I hardly ate I was down to 89lbs.The Dr. said I had maybe 3 months to live if I didnt stop drinking.Well, my right mind set in and I was able to quit the drinking.
My doctors were amazed at my recovery as I looked and felt a 100% better.
By this time also ,I was having shortness of breath,but I was so happy in my sobriety ,that I didnt pay attention.That was in 2004.
Time went on ,[mind you,I fought every day to stay sober} and then in October 2005 I got a call from my doctor,saying The EKG showed a Heart attack! Well,then the tests began.I had a pulmonary function test.The test measures breathing capacities.Well,I Failed.An xray was ordered of my chest and I was told there was a spot on my lung.
Well,My mom was coming for christmas that year and no way did I want to find out any bad news.
I waited til January 26th to have a CT scan.February 1st my Dr. called and said I was to see a surgeon on Feb.15th.He arranged for a "LOBECTOMY"{removal of a lobe of the lung}on February 28th.
I made it!!! AGAIN.
I am here to tell you basically that there is some HOPE, after Diagnosis ,for some people who are fortunate enough to be diagnosed early enough.
I am a very possitive person and I believe that Attitudes play a great role in Recovery.

Thank You for coming by,and please,Read my previous posts.

Believe B.C

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER GIVE UP "HOPE"

Moving Forward

THE CHOICE TO DIE