COUNTING YOUR BLESSINGS

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! How many times do we complain?How many times have we wished we were someone or somewhere else?

I have been counting my blessings lately.
I have a home.I have a car, {an older one}.
I have a husband and three great grown children.

How many times do You count your blessings?

I can walk,I can talk,I am still a little able to get around.I am so ever Thankful!

I have had surgery{lobectomy}.a removal of part of my lung Feb.28th.
I have had a mammogram that was iffy and I waited for 14 days after a core biopsy of my breast to find out,It wasn't Cancer.
I sur vived my bout of alcohol abuse and "cirrhosis" of the liver in 2002.
I am alive almost two years later after being Diagnosed with LUNG CANCER.
And you know what?,I count my blessings every day.
I can whine and complain all day ,then I hear the news or from a friend that someone has passed away or has cancer or has died ,and I stop and think How very Lucky I am.

And ,you know what?I count my blessings every night.

I count to ten now before I complain about mundane things.
I never want to Die with regrets and I am now counting days, as I have few left.
I am really saying,Do what you have to do NOW,

and "MAKE IT COUNT".


BELIEVE

Comments

CyberCelt said…
God bless you. You may want to join Blog Your Blessings, a group of bloggers who are going to post on Sundays. I will find the URL and come back and post it.
CyberCelt said…
Here is the URL to the Blog Your Blessings Sunday post.

http://lifeamongotherthings.blogspot.com/2006/10/blog-your-blessings.html
Tess Termulo said…
Whoa! You've really been through a lot. Congratulations to you! You are one strong person! God bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER GIVE UP "HOPE"

Moving Forward

THE CHOICE TO DIE