WISHING YOU A HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR

A new year begins.I was not supposed to be here,again.Almost monthly since 2006 when I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer,I never knew how long I would be here.Now when New Years comes around,I am amazed and very grateful,that 5 years later I still am.

Lung Cancer was the biggest fear.I had already dodged four possibly fatal diseases.I had "cirrhosis" of the liver.and a suspicious breast biopsy,which turned out to be cysts,I had an almost fatal "grand mal" seizure,and I had pre cancer cells on my cervix and underwent laser treatments to prevent the cancer from spreading.

Lung Cancer is a lingering problem.I was diagnosed and caught mine early.Lung cancer is usually not found in time for most people,and therefore the low survival rate.Mine was found by luck through another check for emphysema.

I have made more scary visits to my oncologist in the last five years than any other doctor.Each time I walk in the office and he reads the x-ray in front of me,I fear the worst.Then he says it hasn't come back and I start again to make some more plans til my next monthly visit.I literally have to live one day at a time.Of course that living is better than the alternative.
The New Year heralds a new time,a chance for change.I have not made any resolutions this year.My mind is too full of what I have to do,rather than what I want to do.
They say I can live with my one kidney.They also say that I am a "ticking time bomb",they also say I will most likely have a major stroke or heart attack.I guess you can see why I don't make plans.
I will say that I pray for another good year of life,and wish for a better year health wise.
I do however wish all of you a healthy new year.Thank You all for your prayers and wishes and comments,on my last post.Without you all this would be for nothing.
Til next time remember

DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Believe

Comments

Anonymous said…
happy New Year to you....
Yes health is the greatest wealth of all times.When health is good the rest will follow on it's own.cancer is a disease that needs specific attention to care and medication and also a brave front which makes you fight strong against the disease.
Thank you and wish you the same.There is no greater wealth than health and you understand this only probably when you are stuck with one severe disease.
vaidyadilemma said…
Me too faced challenges in life. Fist it was near-fatal attack of tetanus, then it was Indian Ocean tsunami of 2004. I salute the warrior in you!
Kathy Garolsky said…
Great post.. it sure helped me with the ideas and tips..Keep it up..Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER GIVE UP "HOPE"

Moving Forward

Blessed