Living to Die

Welcome.I am on a hiatus right now from my physicians.It feels good to be test free for awhile.Lung Cancer doctor hopefully not til November.I also see a respirologist for my emphysema in the end part of August.I am usually attending appointments lately so it is nice to have a bit of a break.Can YOU imagine what it is like to continue to live when your going to die.?I know we are all going to die,but come on now,at least live to a ripe old age.I really do not know how much more I can play this phys game.Thank God,though my mind has suffered some residual affects from the stroke,that I can still form thoughts.I think it is great that I can still reason.It makes it a bit harder when you know the truth.A terminal diagnosis once is a stress.I can tell you after about ten major terminal diagnosis that I had,that the emotional side of cancer or any other fatal illness in the real killer.
I live on the edge everyday.It takes me longer to try harder to keep going some days.I always fight to keep any thoughts about my position out of my head.I know I have to face facts,but in the end does it really matter how I handled it?What if I don't die with grace?How will I die?Will the lung cancer or the emphysema get me first.Will my cirrhosis of the liver finally stop functioning.Will I be put on a donors list for a kidney transplant.And,you know what folks,I have been told that before all this happens I will most likely have a major stroke or heart attack,because I have hardening of the arteries.How can one continue to keep up a positive attitude with that on their mind.That is why I choose not to worry.
On that note,I leave you with this Saint Patrick's Day Blessing that I came across.

I the end,there are only two things to worry about:
either you are well or you are sick.
When you are well,there is nothing to worry about.
But if you are sick,then there are two things to worry about'
either you get well or you die.
When you get well,there is nothing to worry about.
But when you die there are two things to worry about:
either you will go to heaven or you will go to hell.
When you go to heaven,there is nothing to worry about;
but when you go to hell,you will be so damn busy shaking hands with friends,
you won't have time to worry!
SO WHY WORRY!

So,Remember til next time

DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Believe

Comments

lizzy2010 said…
Dear Believe,
I admire your attitude. My close friend recently died from lung cancer and another was just diagnosed--thinks it has to do with asbestos. I hope we can all be as brave as you.
Naila said…
There are many different symptoms of lung cancer. If you are coughing frequently, with so much pressure that blood is coming out of your lungs, then in all probability you are suffering from Germany lung cancer treatment

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER GIVE UP "HOPE"

Moving Forward

THE CHOICE TO DIE