Lungs in Limbo

Welcome;
Oncologist for my lungs was seen last week.The lung cancer has shown up again on the chest x-ray.That fear I have had every 4-6 months has come true.The situation now is to have further tests ,as he doesn't trust just the chest one.He wants a CT scan,which will distinguish the difference of a tumor or no tumor.He thinks that the emphysema is very bad and that I have a scar from recent pneumonia,so there is still some hope on that.On either of those possibilities it is hard for me to know which one I Hope it is.I have been definitely left in limbo.
My breathing seems to be getting worse now.I try to blame it on old age,but I am not that hold.I already have to face the fact that I smoked for 40+ years and caused most of this.Lungs are sure important,and I guess we take them for granted some time.I can't repair my lungs,but I still might be able to save my life.My doctor will probably preform another "lobectomy",a removal of the lobe of the lung.He has warned me that I will be on oxygen after the operation.If I make the operation.I am considered high risk for surgery at this point,so he might go the chemotherapy route.Of course,I am just thinking out loud now,cause I won't really know anything for a while,as we all know,the system is backed up.
I am also in a kidney limbo as well.They have me booked for an MRA on May 25th.That is a Renal Angioplasty, that is invasive surgery.I am so petrified .I have read and heard from my doctors that there are risks and lots of complications.They say I have "Renal Stenosis",that is narrowing of the renal artery that leads to the kidney.They do this so my blood pressure quits getting so high and has a chance to cause another heart attack or stroke,and because if the artery gets shut off,I will die of kidney failure.Here is my dilemma.I am not in any pain,so I do not want to go.I feel that when I am hurting they can do that then.What do you think?What would you do?
This might be a case of the risks out weighing the benefits.
My idea of handling all this stuff on my plate right now,is to go sit outside,listen to the birds as they mate and nest,and forget about things for awhile.
Thanks again for listening.

We have lost another cancer friend,Marilynn,from the website
http://strongerthancancer.blogspot.com/
There are some beautiful writings there to read on the blog.My heart goes out to the family.
I would also like to Thank You Karen and everybody that contributes for the wonderful informational site at
http://www.copdandsomuchmore.com/
I have learned a lot about my COPD from the wonderful stories and facts that you share.
Remember til next time

DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Believe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER GIVE UP "HOPE"

THE CHOICE TO DIE

Moving Forward