LUNG CANCER IS SCARY STUFF
Imagine finding yourself reading this.How would you feel?
This is the pathology report that I received after they removed a lobe from the right lung.It is called a lobectomy,or wedge section.
I did not feel any pain before or after really.
I was diagnosed with pneumonia first ,then they discovered the tumor.It was 2 inches long by then.
They were able to remove the cancerous part.I was very blessed and lucky that they found it on time.
I did complain a lot about pain in my back about a year before.I smoked for 44 years and kind of thought that it was my lungs.I told doctors then that my back hurt and I thought it was my lungs,but they just told me my lungs were not in my back.I think maybe they should have taken a closer look.
The operation might have turned out not so good,as I had previous complications.I recovered quickly and returned home in four days.I have a big scar ,but I am still alive.
There are more adventures to the waiting room quite often for me now.I am having lots of little things turn up that the doctors worry might be connected with the cancer.
I worry lots.
I have just been told by my doctor yesterday that I have pneumonia again,this time on my left side.That is confusing as to whether or not it is that.He is treating with antibiotics,but wants me to have xrays to be sure.
My neck has still been sore and swollen for a month or so ,so I kind of think the lung cancer might have spread through my lymph nodes.I have no idea where it might go from there.
I could have throat cancer,or the cancer is more apt to go to the brain.
One thing is for sure,I am just not feeling good about this.
Here goes,change of plans for the next little while.
I have a stage 1 non small cell cancer.The average life expectancy is not that great.I think at seventen months ,I must be very fortunate.
I am right on the docs,as I know how important time plays as a large factor in operatable conditions.
Lung Cancer is very very scary,because you do not क्नोव where it will spread too.
Lung Cancer is usually the primary location and then from there it is anybodys guess.
I will say though that if you have had a cough for awhile and keep getting checks and told it is bronchitis or pneumonia,seek further attention.
I know most of us do not want to know,BUT you NEED TO!
Please read my other posts....
and remember
DON'T STOP BELIEVING!
Believe


Comments

Ryan Armbrust said…
I didn't want to send this to you via your comment section, but I could not find your contact info.

Love your blog.
I was diagnosed with Stage IV Hodgkin's back in December of 2006 and have just finished 10 months of chemo. I took time off from my day job to get through this whole "Cancer" thing. In my spare time, I created an online T-Shirt and Swag shop called http://www.funnycancershirts.com.

They are selling really well, but any exposure I can get would help. Can you please add my banner to your great website? Link info can be found in the lower left corner of the website.
I was sick and tired of looking for "Cancer" t shirts and only finding "Feel Good" stuff. My shirts are for the young hipster cancer set. Please give them a look. http://www.funnycancershirts.com

For more of my story, visit my fancy cancer blog. http://igotthecancer.blogspot.com


Thanks for your consideration,
Ryan Armbrust
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing your life and thoughts with all of us out here. I have been genuinely touched by your words.

I, like many others, am pulling for you. I am a lung cancer survivor too,Stage 2, and had the same type of operation.Btw, Stage 1 has about an 80% chance of cure! You can do it, you're very strong!

Keep going, Good Luck!
Anonymous said…
Lung Cancer - Be aware
Details about Lung Cancer
Its types, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
For detailed information on lung cancer
Log on to http://lung-cancer.co.nr/
Anonymous said…
Probably the most surprising finding was that red meat and processed meat were convincingly linked to prostate cancer. On average, if you eat large amounts of red or processed meat you have about a 30 per cent increased risk of colorectal cancer compared with someone who eats little or none. And the more meat you eat, the greater the risk. On average you shouldn't eat more than 300 grams of red meat a week. But Australian men eat more than 700 grams of red and processed meat a week, and Australian women almost 500 grams.

So we need to eat less, and instead eat mostly foods of plant origin. (Cutting down meat intake is also good for the environment – meat production uses large amounts of agricultural land and water, the researchers say.) On the other hand, meat is a terrific source of protein, as the meat industry never tires of reminding us, so there is a role for meat in the diet, but it should be limited.

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER GIVE UP "HOPE"

Moving Forward

THE CHOICE TO DIE