RUNNING as FAST as I CAN

Yes,I still have stage 1 "Lung Cancer".The name of this condition is scary in itself.It sure makes you feel like there is no point in trying to move on,when the odds are so against you in this Fatal disease.
I can tell you now,Please do not ever feel that way.
I have spent the last seventeen months thinking I was dying every minute of everyday.What a waste of time.
They say you go through certain stages of grief.
I had the ANGER when I was told I needed an operation to remove the cancerous tumor on my lung.It was at a stage in my life where I finally had time for me.My kids had moved out and my husband had retired.I was mad because it would take time to heal,and I was afraid that I wouldn't.I knew I would have to slow down,and I knew that my spirit had been killed.
I am still in DENIAL,but only when I need to be,to get me through.I have learned that if we" think it so be it".
When I do wake up in the morning and I do not think of death,that is my way of pretending that this is not true.
I guess I figure that they will find a cure for lung cancer before I die.That ,my friends,is denial.
The Acceptance is the finality of all of these other emotions.
It is a hard step to take,and mean it.
I have reached that step,and feel that I can move on now,to living in the moment.
It is hard to accept ones fate.
I see all the facts on lung cancer,I know I will die soon,but I really can deal with this.
I have always been an optimist,and in this case,it surely has paid off.
I do believe my strength to be able to keep a positive attitude has helped me through the bad days.
I still have many roads to follow down this path.
Each step I take along the way teaches me more of what I need to learn.
The doctors will keep on monitoring me for a while yet,and they will find something.I will deal with all that when the time comes.
I will run as fast as I can now though,and let all this try to catch me.
Until next time,Remember
DON'T STOP BELIEVING!

Comments

Timtak said…
Thank you for this blog. I am surprised that there are so few comments.

About this particular blog post. From a distance the most shocking thing about those is with lung cancer is the denial. If people accepted it, then I might think that I would be able to accept it. But many others don't so, I guess I wouldn't either.
"It is a hard step to take,and mean it."
Too right.

I am a 43 year old smoker with children and I would like to quit. I guess that is why I am reading your blog but in any event, good luck.






In case you are feeling into a very-long-shot hope-inspiring stuff, there is this, which you may well have heard of...
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2234393&page=1

Doctors considering the case of why Lance Armstrong lived point to the fact that his cancer metastased from his testes to his lungs and brain. They hypothesised that testicular cancer in particular may be sensitive to heat. The testes are outside of the body since they need to be kept cool to reproduce. However, the doctors also thought that perhaps other forms of cancer, even those originating in the lung may also be weaker than normal cells to heat. So they were trying to find some way of directing heat to cancer cells perhaps by making a chemical bind to the cells and then using some form or radiation to heat that chemical up.

My guess is that Lance Armstrong, who got back on his bike only a few months after surgery and may have biked around Texas getting very hot in the process.

Relatedly in Japan, lying on hot rocks is a traditional form of cancer treatment. A bit like a hot sauna. I guess that if it had any effect at all, it might because it heats you up.

This also reminds me of the way that Japanese bees defend against Hornet attack.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lUQt6TP2ank&feature=related

So you may wish to go to a sauna, or even to Piza in Italy.
http://www.naturalnews.com/006850.html
Anonymous said…
Lung Cancer - Be aware
Details about Lung Cancer
Its types, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment.
For detailed information on lung cancer
Log on to http://lung-cancer.co.nr/

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER GIVE UP "HOPE"

Moving Forward

Blessed