To DIE with DIGNITY

I see "The Surgeon" that is dealing with my "Lung Cancer"on January 31st.He will take an x-ray of my lung and tell me if my Cancer has spread.I think I already know the answer.
I am afraid this time.I feel so very tired.I do not know if this is caused by my lungs,but it must be.
I still have my positive attitude,but I am not senseless regarding the way that I feel physically.
I had good days and bad days.I now have mostly bad days.
I have "emphysema".I am having more trouble getting and keeping my breath lately.
I Thank God that I am not on oxygen,yet.
I have a Fatal Disease!The worst part of this,is the not knowing.I can read information on my type of cancer and through a bit of easy math,I can roughly figure out when I will die.
It may sound easy,but it is against the human spirit to accept this fact.
If what I read and hear about "Lung Cancer' is true,then I will die very soon.If I talked my mind into believing this,I will die sooner.
What if he tells me an exact date?Will I cry?What will I do?
Answering my own question,if I may...I will begin to prepare to leave.I will try to say all the things I have wanted to say, to all the people that I have loved.I will be thankful for allowing me the time I have had and I will hope it all had a purpose.
I hope that I can "Die with Dignity".
Why must death be such a big part of life?
Boy,I sure am starting to sound morbid.
I shall move on to latest updates;
My husband is at home and recovering nicely.Thank You for your notes and comments of well wishes.
I am looking forward to a "New Year".Last year was a bad year for us both.I do pray I will have the time to enjoy 2007.
I will keep you posted after my doctor appointment.
Thanks for staying with me.

Don't Stop Believing!

Believe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER GIVE UP "HOPE"

THE CHOICE TO DIE

Moving Forward